Start Date: September 2018.
Fixed term contract until August 2019.
We are seeking to appoint a creative, dynamic and enthusiastic professional to join our fully inclusive school for primary aged pupils with complex learning difficulties.
We are looking for someone who:
• Is committed to making a difference to the lives of children with complex needs
• Is an excellent classroom practitioner
• Has high standards and expectations in all aspects of school life
• Has excellent communications skills and experience of working with families and the wider multi-disciplinary team
• Can deliver excellent learning opportunities through innovative and fun approaches to the curriculum through the use of continuous provision at all ages
• Will inspire and motivate pupils and colleagues to strive for improvement.
We can offer:
• Enthusiastic, fun loving children with great potential
• A creative and supportive Leadership Team who are committed to excellence
• A dedicated and child focussed staff team
• A committed and enthusiastic Governing Body
• A purpose built and well-resourced learning environment
• A programme of Continued Professional Development including support for Newly Qualified Teachers.
Woolley Wood School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare and safety of young children and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to complete a Disclosure and Barring check in line with the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (ROA) 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 and the Police Act Regulations. Sheffield City Council is an equal opportunities employer and has publicly committed to this by signing up to the ‘Two Ticks – Positive About Disabled People’ scheme. This ensures that all disabled applicants, able to demonstrate that they meet the minimum criteria of the job description are guaranteed an interview. It is not enough to tick that you are disabled on the monitoring form. If you are disabled and feel this applies to you, please let us know by quoting:- ‘I am eligible for a guaranteed interview under the two ticks scheme’ in your application form at the bottom of the ‘Suitability for the Job’ Section. Please make sure this is written as a separate paragraph to make sure it does not get lost in the content of your application.
For an informal discussion about the role please contact David Whitehead, Headteacher, at the school on 0114 2327160.
Visits to the school are welcomed and encouraged. Please contact the school to arrange a visit.
Important: Please note the interview date is directly after shortlisting.
Closing date for applications: 12 Noon on 23 May 2018.
Interviews: 24 May 2018.
Application forms can be obtained by emailing a request to: firstname.lastname@example.org or by collecting one from school.
Please note: we cannot post application packs out without a large SAE being provided.
Completed application forms should be returned via email (to the above email address) or post to: Mrs Vicky Ollerenshaw, Business Manager, Woolley Wood School, Chaucer Road, Sheffield, S5 9QN.
Please do not apply via this website.
These may contain further information about the job that can support your application. It has tips on how to complete your application
form. It also details the conditions of Council employment, including: holiday, sick
leave and pension information and hours of work. It may contain
background information about the post.